My photo
New York, New York, United States
I've found a muse in this idea of a revolution.. that something's gotta give because the pressure's building. This is my effort to never stop moving forward, never stop creating, never stop imagining.. looking & working to promote artists from all paths and if you fall flat on your face in the process - send me pictures and I'll post them full website coming soon: www.nikinikol.com peace & blessings

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

First Reading Experience

They think I'm on drugs when I shake like that
     This nervous energy -
is that the residue of negativity?
trying to shake it out...
I'm almost gonna faint again
How do you remember to breathe along with everything else?
Diaphragm out, in
pick a spot in the back of the room
     (no that doesn't work, I look like a robot)
feel the words, this rhythm
Am I apprehensive because it's invigorating?
attempting to comprehend that gift of Flow
"You've been doing this since you were a kid", he said,
     I'd forgotten
like I just forgot half the words to my song
Get up and try again
I got so nervous I accidentally kicked the cord that unplugged the mic
Laugh at yourself
Add it to your collection of stories to tell
Make something out of it so it doesn't just sit there
there was no judgement from them - just observance
it left me wanting to create new things to show (myself) them.

2 comments: