My photo
New York, New York, United States
I've found a muse in this idea of a revolution.. that something's gotta give because the pressure's building. This is my effort to never stop moving forward, never stop creating, never stop imagining.. looking & working to promote artists from all paths and if you fall flat on your face in the process - send me pictures and I'll post them full website coming soon: www.nikinikol.com peace & blessings

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Advertise this.


There’s this one ad on the subway that makes me crack up every time:



But all I can think of when I’m surrounded by such materialism are the people who have none.

To pick on the website ad for a moment, there’s the money that goes into the advertising idea itself, producing it and if it’s a good one it does well and wins awards and makes even more money and for what?  Competition?  So that one online ordering service can be better than the other?  What about the fact that there’s even such a thing as ‘online ordering’?  Why do we need 3 or 4 or 10 different services instead of just cohesively making one really good one?

     Yet, even as this endless tirade of “rationalizations” go through my head, I understand the psychology of competition and human nature – how the people that create these things really do feel true satisfaction out of this, and they feel like it’s something worthwhile.. and who am I to take that away from them and say it’s wrong just because I feel righteous? 

     But I still think it.

No comments:

Post a Comment